PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - USA Pilot Shortage
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2007, 00:35
baba70

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Young Pilot, you will do much better taking your ratings back to the Caribbean and getting a job, where you will be treated and paid like a professional. Here in the US, it really makes no sence. BelArgUSA has said it all. Pilots seem to come a dime a dozzen here in the USA and they are treated like day labourers. Imagine going for a job interview and being told that congratulations you got the job, now pay us 12000 dollars to put you on the aircraft to fly???? and a lot of the young kids we have these days jump at this. "shiny jet syndrone". why will i want to pay some one to hire be to do a job i trained for with about $50000 should this not be the other way around? Pilots and wannabes are their own worst enemy. if the airlines dont have anyone to fly, believe me they will first review this 1st yr officers slave wage then start paying for your type and better working conditions and all this pilot mills aka aviation academies that milk these souls for $70000 to $95000 for a job that pays you $19000-$23000 your first year????? how do you survive?? the human spirit is so..... and you already have a college degree??

The shortage is all hype, when it really hurts CEOs of Airlines will stop taking $600000 a year and FO $20000 and spread the wealth around and pay professional what they are really worth.