PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TAM A320 crash at Congonhas, Brazil
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2007, 00:04
PJ2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SingleLensReflex;

It has descended to a chatter unworthy of the souls who perished.
Hm, I don't think so. Please let me say why.

There are varied opinions from interested observers who know very little about the subject (and now perhaps they know more), as well as some fine work offered by many aviation professionals.

With the exception of those who have already signaled that their minds are made up about Airbus, wet runways, Brazil's aviation infrastructure or what-have-you, for those who still suspend judgement in favour of curiosity the discussion has largely been an open one where knowledgeable people have helped understanding. Perhaps not for all, but I think for many, pain is alleviated through comprehension. Sometimes it may seem lost in the minutae of discussion, but certainly, support for family and friends lost is ever-present here.

I believe this kind of behaviour on the part of aviation people honors more than silence could, those who have tragically lost their lives. Remember, many here are crew - both front and back, are maintenance people, are passenger and baggage agents, are designers, are instructors, are aviation managers, who have an abiding and sometimes passionate need to know what happened so that they may add to their own knowledge.

I'm sorry you feel this way - I hope this helps.