PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Guide to obtaining a JAA PPL in the US (part 1)
Old 6th Aug 2007, 22:46
NH2390

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This situation happened to me, and to several other students at a school I attended. My problem was that I expected a six month course to take six months, so when every one of my flights were cancelled for a week because the maintenence was too shoddy I complained, politely. When I was mischarged $400 for flights somone else flew, I complained, just as politely, and then got called a troublemaker.

I refused to accept that as a paying customer I had to put up with that kind of miss-management and unprofessionalism. They were quick to inform me that I wasn't a customer, but 'only a student' and they could take away my visa and send me home. I went to another flightschool and had them contact the state department on my behalf to arrange a transfer was very fortunate to succed.

I got lucky.

A friend of mine at the same school tried to transfer and when the new school contacted the old one to arrange the transfer they cancelled his visa for 'misconduct'.

Another friend was sick and missed three lessons and was told he was taking too long to finish the course so he got the same treatment.

The school only cares about getting peoples money, not about providing proper flight training, and their facilities are substandard. The Visa can trap you into staying at the school where if it were in the UK it would be easy for you to drive to another airport for training, and this school knows it and exploits it. They are now filled with Indian students who they can get away with mistreating.