PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TAM A320 crash at Congonhas, Brazil
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2007, 21:13
TripleBravo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PBL, you're not a pilot either, very hard to discuss this with non pilots.
Very hard to discuss this with somebody without him stating anything meaningful. PBL, I think you did fine.

that is, if no braking, you go around
Sure, while on the tarmac and reversers being already deployed - since this is about the first thing you do. Dreamland, may I quote yourself:
I think you are well meaning but let's hope that you aren't employed as a professional pilot.
Otherwise you would know about 1) your manual (which states otherwise) 2) the reasoning behind. If you don't, look into this thread, it's all explained here.

without spoilers, there is no braking
You might know that better when your'e looking into your A320 FCOM 3.02.80. For your convenience:

Yes, it takes a 40% - 50% longer distance, too much for SBSP (CGH), but for sure braking action is more than "nothing".

What I really like is to "accuse" somebody (is this really something you can be accused for?) of being a non-pro and to reveal lack of knowledge shortly after. SCNR

----------------
Somebody asked whether 'Airbus' reads public threads like this one.

I think, there is too much chaff and too little wheat in it, especially from people who know very little about the systems of the aircraft. That is not meant to be negative *), but Airbus' safety department is not interested in "my plane is better than yours" and has much more reliable sources. Customer service department has first hand reports from almost every single incident which never made it into the news, including PIREPS from the ones who were involved (in real life, that is). (By the way, Airbus and Boeing et al. do not compete on safety critical items. Instead, there is knowledge exchange on certain topics behind all the marketing theaters' curtains. You can take that as a fact.)

*) Since I did it myself - reading all the stuff here. May I quote ELAC in order to express that for me:
Personally I've already learned a great deal from this thread