PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST (BHD) - 3
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2007, 19:49
tornado15

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting times ahead for BFS!! If the above list of destinations is correct, I think the biggest surprise is how many of the routes EI are going head to head with Easyjet on. Easy certainly will not be pleased. When it comes to the crunch and if the price is right EI offers a far superior service to easy. I would have though some new destinations would have made more sense so as not to upset the apple cart straight away e.g. Madrid, Lisbon, Zurich, Brussels and some longer routes such as the Greek islands. One thing is for sure, dust off your Barcelona travel guides as you will be able to get there for peanuts when the battle commences!!
Would be extremely interesting if Jet2 saw the potential to increase there off season earnings and moved further into the domestic market at BFS e.g. Gatwick, Newcastle, Manchester and Edinburgh, where they already have handling in place. I certainly feel there is room for another carrier at BFS to apply the pressure on these routes by offering their different interpretation on service i.e. allocated seating at check-in or even better pre booked seating!!

Last edited by tornado15; 6th Aug 2007 at 20:11.