PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TAM A320 crash at Congonhas, Brazil
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2007, 17:06
atakacs

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
folks

I few questions for the uneducated one

I believe there is a broad consensus that the FWC update designed by AB after the Taiwan incident to warn pilots about the very misconfiguration we are witnessing here might have saved the day... My question is what is involved in implementing such an FWC upgrade ? I guess it's more than just "patching" the software but how involved is this ? As an operator I would think that I'd like to keep my fleet as up to date and consistent as possible... so what are the considerations here for TAM not to install that upgrade ?

Regarding the INOP spoiler / auto break I do understand that they did not deploy because of the conflicting signal sent by the #2 T/L, and that there was no way to override the system logic. I am not clear about what would have happened if they had retarded the T/L to idle during the roll ? Would spoiler deploy and breaking kick in ?

I have not seen much discussion about the "turn turn" remarks / orders in the CVR. Would you think they had directional problems due to the asymmetrical thrust (I would presume so, especially as the FDR has some ruder inputs) ? If so that would have been yet another clue to check the T/Ls...