PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Light Twin down 60km north of MEL
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2007, 04:40
BVI Boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I flew for GAM/Commander Air out of Cairns for almost 3yrs and can honestly say that if I ever had a concern or problem with an aircraft either in Oz or PNG Steve would always be only a phone call away any time of the day or night, now thats dedication!

Just after I left my good friend T Waterford passed away in UJB of which I still find hard to believe, and now Steve in YJB.

I have never to this day seen such works of art in Steves engine rebuilds with that hammered blue paint finish and chrome inlet pipes, incredible! Not one person can say that either Steve or his team did not put 100% effort into keeping these aircraft in tip top condition.

After a full A/C rebuild these planes were better than new inside and out, the MR's were always looked at daily by engineering and all defects rectified promptly.

How many companies let you use the company vehicle to go and buy your lunch or do personal errands, not many and yet Steve generously provided this.

Thanks to GAM I am now an Airbus Captain flying overseas for one of the worlds largest airlines, and its all thanks to Steve for giving me a break.

This terrible news has traversed the globe and its a sad day in aviation.
My sincere condolences to Steves family.You will always be remembered.