PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TAM A320 crash at Congonhas, Brazil
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2007, 01:37
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
blubbers44
When have you seen a Boeing aircraft go off the end of a runway over 100 knots because the pilots could not control the thrust? No matter who is at fault.
I am only a pax who has read every post in this thread but what I have read (in more than one post) is that - if you land with asymmetric thrust in a Boeing it is going to be very tricky to have a good outcome. From what is currently known, this a/c landed with asymmetric thrust - for reasons that have yet to be learnt.

Over the years of reading A/B arguments here, I am continually mystified that those arguing do not want to try to understand anything other than what they know. Comments from those who have operated both a/c most usually say: "Each has it's own strengths and benefits, you must just fly the machine as it was built and designed." Whereas those who have only operated one type almost always state as certain that they have the better machine.

I am well aware of the issues at stake and have a not dispassionate interest in the final report of this incident. One of the things I have learnt in 27 years of working in IT is that - whilst you are busy looking for a complex fault and considering a technical solution to the perceived problem, the fault was usually so simple that it was overlooked by everyone and the solution equally simple.