PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TAM A320 crash at Congonhas, Brazil
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2007, 15:39
Dream Land
PPRuNe supporter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We have some experienced AB heads here - do any of you have any inkling of what is causing this apparent 'mind-set'? Is it that the A/T system, as TP says, WILL reduce the thrust in an Autoland and BECAUSE A/T apparently remains engaged on a manual landing there is some 'vestigial' brain function that says I do not need to? In both cases there is no visible difference on the throttle quadrant. Would the answer be to teach A/T disconnect in the flare on a manual landing thereby reinforcing the 'pilot' inputs? Something needs to be done, and I don't think issuing a reminder to pilots to close the levers will crack the inbuilt block.
Picking up on TP's answer, somewhere back in the thread there was a mention of 1.2EPR on the No2 (Nod's post #1113?). IF this is pukka, is that what you would expect from the A/T as it tries to maintain Vapp with No2 thrust? It seems quite low to me. Is it possible that a partial throttle back from CLB had taken place and would the EPR then be lower? by BOAC
As far as I'm concerned, there is no block (maybe I'm wrong), crews that are trained to do autolands are aware that thrust is automatically retarded as a matter of system training, this function (in my experience) is not used at all with LVP procedures, main reason being, we always use REV, and it can't be used if we leave thrust levers in CLB.
Not too sure about this 1.2 EPR, I would assume something in the range of 1.4 for CLIMB power .