PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Arik Air
Thread: Arik Air
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2007, 11:18
MD12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Many of the passengers on routes such as Lagos to Port Harcourt are employed in oil industry business, so passing an audit is good sign for other passengers, such as me, that an airline have safe operating procedures as well as shiny new toys.
Specially on this particular route you can be sure that you are safe, as they are operated by a dutch company, with dutch registered planes and their own operating procedures. No need to say they have all JAA approvals and IOSA IATA Certif. Big maintenance company was behind these a/c.
In regards to the CRJs and B73s, I believe that the fact that Lufthansa Tecniks is involved means something. Most of them are operated by at least one expat, and this doesn't mean that I think locals are less capable, but their way of doing things in the past were not correct and now they are getting used to the way an aircraft is operated in Europe.
Nigerian aviation is improving, though some of you try to show a different thing. It will take a long time till they manage to get to a standard level, but it is improving. Inspections are comming more and more often, law is changing, airports are working on new facilities and some airlines were recently banned... for me, that means something.