PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia Global Search for ATCs
Old 5th Aug 2007, 11:02
yakkity yak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil dont come you'll regret it!!

I have to second what Aussie Atco said re his prior post.

You would have to be bloody balmy to consider working for these gits..ASA. They will shaft you at every turn, yes I know some of you need to move because of security or weather (eg Seffricans, Poms etc), but think hard about this. If any of you have worked for a major ANS provider like Serco, ATNS, Navcanada, NATS etc then you should know what you are in for.

I know this because I have worked for ASA for the best part of a quarter of a century, and we are still being f..ked over by the management. i believe that they intentionally go about their business in this manner to keep the troops morale low which means they will over time eventually achieve their aims, of a substantially non unionised, low paid workforce.

The only solution to this for ASA to be bought back into the fold as a government department. Throw away these bloody AWA's, throw away these bloody managerial contracts with bonuses (because that is what has caused the system to get to the point it has, because the bloody managers dont want more staff as it will stuff their budget and they will not get their bonuses.... that s it in a nutshell.

And also as ozzie atco said, GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING, SIGNED BY THE RELEVANT MANAGER ON A COMPANY LETTERHEAD AND BE PREPARED TO USE IT IF REQUIRED YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

re the comment about the retirements, I remember back in the late 80's and mid 90's they were acutely aware of the problems of retirements of the baby boomer generation of controllers and that it would really get bad from around 2005/6.....and low and behold it is happening just as predicted. Bloody great management decisions there for all to see, NOT

If you end up coming good luck to you because you are going to need it.

cheers