PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TAM A320 crash at Congonhas, Brazil
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2007, 03:48
marciovp
I support PPRuNe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Software

Max Tow
I am interested in this question of the software, and the warning voice and light signs in the cabin when this problem develops. I read somewhere that Airbus had corrected that ,and offered a new software that would sound a persistent voice and light signs with the "Retard". When I read this it was said that TAM did not updated the software in its planes. But this is to be confirmed because as you know there are many theories floating around.
Airbus now is sending someone to Brazil to follow the investigations, and I am hoping that CENIPA (the Air Force investigative and preventive agency, will pursue this issue). Perhaps even the House of Representatives Investigative Committee could ask this question about the latest software in that plane. They asked many questions to the president of TAM but this was not one of them. It is interesting that the ANAC (National Agency for Civil Aviation) has a recommendation that when landing in a wet runway both reversers should be activated in full. This was asked to the president of TAM who said that the Airbus Manual was the main determinant, and it said that the airplane could land without problems with one reverser locked out for a period of 10 days prior to maintenance. But just to be sure I would love to have someone asking the Airbus representative about new softwares after the two previous accidents. Will let you all know if I come to an answer.