PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Macau Asia Express
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2007, 01:58
Arrowhead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wayne

On HKG - its not really a focus for most people right now in Macau - the focus is the inbound and transit market. That said, why do people in London fly from Luton and Gatwick and Stanstead when they are much further away? Money, and slots at the right time of day. So I think MFM can become a viable 2nd airport for HK over time. Hence Air Asia and Tiger coming to MFM not HKG.

Hailer

On MAX - you have to believe NX will give them room to breathe. Questionable. Personally, I think they should do what BA and Iberia have done which is to create their own decent loco competitor to compete with other locos, rather than have more locos compete and steal their market. Already NX has "lost" 4 of SE Asias biggest markets to loco competitors - SIN, BKK, KUL and MNL. MAX could then be sold later once it has established itself firmly. But I cannot see the Chinese psyche allowing a subsidiary to compete with the parent. MAX should be going to PVG and PEK and TPE, but I just cant see it. Anyway, until theres an AOC and approvals this is all theoretical.