PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VB ad today's Australian
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2007, 20:59
BATTERED SAV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agree with DNUTZ, I have been applying to VB since 2001 still never had any communication, nor interview. Talked with a couple of Rex boys last week in Sydney and told the same story. All of us have 7000 to 8000 hours of experience, 2 crew, training, turbo prop, bla bla bla but no jet time. What gives, why do they need to advertise overseas, "WHERE HERE" waiting. I am still having to apply overseas due to the lack of interest by the operators in Aus.
I suppose having too much time and in your late 30's doesn't meet the profile yet, even with the current pilot shortage.
But from what I hear, VB are losing as many as they are employing and still cannot figure out how they are going to crew there expanding airline.

Have a look at us bastards who are starting to go grey, were not planning to go anywhere, we have family's, commitments and sick to death of trying to get there first jet job. Oh and that thinking that it is harder to teach older, more experienced turbo prop pilots is crap you might find they could bring a wealth of experience, support and stability to your operation.

Battered Sav