PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet Strike?
Thread: Easyjet Strike?
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2007, 17:29
ZBMAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Difference is..... I do know what I am talking about.
Shame that you don't seem to know how industrial relations work... Are you a Balpa member? Thought not!

And I reiterate, I do believe that we, easyJet crews, work in very trying conditions. I don't think there are many days in excess of 4 sectors in Jet 2. Do the Jet 2 crews fly 900hrs a year? Last time I spoke to of the Jet 2 guys I was surprised to learn that they flew much less than we did. Perhaps some fly more, but this is not the point. The point is it is our right to try and improve our package. It is thanks to the EZY Balpa CC and all their efforts through collective bargaining that we have the package that we now enjoy. Your reasoning of 'take it or leave it' is exactly what has lead our profession down the drain year by year, and is shockingly similar to the kind of reasoning our beloved ops dir, CV and his sidekicks seem to hold. If we don't stand up for ourselves when the company is doing really well, what's to become of us when things go wrong?

By all means, join the company, if you think the pakage is better, but remember it is thanks to the efforts of the members and the CC that you might be able to enjoy those terms and conditions.