PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific CoS - URGENT ATTENTION REQUIRED
Old 4th Aug 2007, 14:11
ALPHA FLOOR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cathay Pacific CoS - URGENT ATTENTION REQUIRED

Not my work but I do agree with [email protected] the author, I quote from his email received this week.......

"..........*PLEASE READ & FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO ALL CX F/O's & S/O's ASAP*

Dear Colleagues/Friends,
As you are all aware, the Company and the AOA have been in talks over the last 2 months regarding the important issues of Pay, Retirement Age and Direct Entry First Officers. The talks are nearing completion and a proposal is expected to be put forward in early August.
What you may not know, is the seriousness the outcome of these talks and subsequent vote, to the rest of your career at Cathay Pacific.
The company has indicated that there is some money on the table for the pay talks. It’s how they plan to use this money that is of greatest concern. Let me explain by telling you what the likely proposal will contain.
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • DEFO pay to be introduced to pax and freighter fleets as follows
  • [*]
  • [*]
What does this mean to those of us who have not attained the rank of Captain, or are a relatively junior Captain?
  • Conservative estimates put the Average delay to command at 3-4 years
  • [*]
  • Bypass pay will be paid to those officers who remain on CoS99
  • [*]
  • Delayed or non-existent based opportunities
    How is it possible that this proposal could even be considered by the GC, let alone put to us to vote on?
    • The GC is not representative of its members or the CX aircrew body. Here is the rough membership breakdown
    • [*]
    • [*]
    Who stands to benefit from this proposal?
    • [*]
    Who stands to lose from this proposal?
    • [*]
    What can we do?
    • Of course voting NO is an obvious way of showing your disgust at your future being sold down the toilet for a bunch that have had it good for so many years already, at the expense of US, the junior officers.
    • [*]
    • Write to the AOA in mass numbers, demanding that they fight for pay and conditions for the majority of the membership, not just a small few. Demand that they tell the company, in no uncertain terms, that the B scale pilot body is not going to fund the solution to the company’s own mess. It is our future, and we must do everything we can to protect it!
    • FORWARD THIS EMAIL ON to ALL of your CX F/O and S/O friends and colleagues, members or not.
    • JOIN THE AOA and VOTE. If you are not a member of the AOA, JOIN NOW. There is still time for you to join and have your say. Don’t look back in a few years time and say “I wish I had of spent a couple of hundred dollars to have my voice heard”. Join now by emailing [email protected]
    This is no time for finger pointing and blaming anyone else for what we are about to be presented with. This is a time where we need UNITY. We all have the same objective – TO PROTECT OUR FUTURE.
    Please forward this email on to you friends and write to the AOA now at [email protected] demanding they accept nothing less than a fair proposal for all.
    Thank you for your time..........."