PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARDIFF
Thread: CARDIFF
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2007, 13:21
CWL_Chris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
XL Airways are going to be using the A330 for Summer 2008 and not the B747-300 - much better as it actually fits on an air bridge !
Will be good to see the A330 at CWL then. Would be good to see XL back too, I flew CWL-AGP with them last year and they were excellent.

I see the list of flights for Sep/Oct/Nov is growing - most probably for the World Cup. Blue Panorama have added a flight to PSA with a 734. Also loads of flights in/to CPH with both Thomsonfly and My Travel Denmark using 733,321 & 752 aircraft - anyone know why or what is lined up ?
Good news about the RWC flights, will be an added boost for CWL and also show airlines what Cardiff has to offer, as well as more tourists. As for the flights from Denmark, that will be for the Calzaghe v Kessler fight in the Millennium Stadium. Kessler is from Denmark and has very good travelling support.

I'm surprised that no airline has tried CWL-BRU since the demise of Air Wales. Eastern were supposed to operate the route but it never materialsed. A 2x daily service would surely be viable. I agree that CWL needs to get some links to major cities in Europe, such as; Madrid, Rome, Milan, Marseille, Munich, Vienna, Zurich etc.