PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Strange Habits of Your Captains
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2007, 13:17
Rainboe
Warning Toxic!
Disgusted of Tunbridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrogance on either side of the cockpit must be eliminated, especially in those new f/o's with 250 hours climbing onto a shiny jet ... but that doesnt mean your F/O has to hide his dislike from you. He/She shouldnt have to!! If you are arrogant and hard to work with, you are comprimising CRM and ultimately the safety of the flight and you should expect to be put in your place!

At the moment, I think your integrity as a Captain is treading on thin ice mate.
I don't deny CRM has improved safety, but it's a question of to what degree you alter the slope. maybe in the past it was too steep. I think now some virtual ppl+ holders are joining an integrated crew and thinking it's a level playing field! It most certainly isn't!
but that doesnt mean your F/O has to hide his dislike from you. He/She shouldnt have to!!
You bet he has to! He is going to work with a lot of people with different styles. If he once shows dislike or disdain, he won't know what hits him! He most certainly must completely hide it! This is where kids are coming out of school with no respect for authority or experience, having never really played competetive games. Do you really think a Naval Captain would take active dislike from his First Lieutenant? Or a lack of respect for his experience? It's not for him to judge! It's up to the Captain to be as arrogant as he likes- that copilot must find ways around to work effectively. But so many these days are little prima donnas who flounce off and sulk or become shrinking violets- the failure is them for not finding a way to get the work done effectively, which is their duty.

But either side losing respect for the other by largely untrue or embellished tales, like the title of this thread, does nothing for your much vaunted CRM. Don't you think it has an element of the industry washing its dirty laundry in public?