PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Redundancies at Thomas Cook
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2007, 08:46
Down Three Greens

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now I've looked at you previous posts (especially 3rd March 2007, 00:33 ), I can see why you have concerns about the possible redunancies. There a number of concerns both both sides and there some 'healthy' debate going on both the company and union websites.

Just a quick thought that may make you feel a little more positive...when looking at the protential loss of pilots, just ask yourself if the TCX contract pilots were on the TCX seniority list when the numbers were decided upon.
We are all in agreement (including FP) that an e-mail wasn't the best method even though it got this information to the troops. I think the last airline update newsletter might clarify what happend and why (I won't post sections of it on here).

Also, from what I hear, I think most of your colleagues in TCX HQ (CH) have met him as he spent numerous days there. I think you might find a straight talking honest PPL owner. who is passionate about the airline he works at.
MYT have been under a real threat of redundancies over the past few years, therefor terms and conditions have been allowed to errode for the greater good
Our terms and conditions are some of the best in the country!! Have a look at scheduling agreement, Day off payements system. Yes we have canadians come over during the busy months and we send ours over the winter. We just have a different relationship with our colleagues across the pond. Also our temporary (Summer only) captains keep their command when they operate over there. The only reason promotion hasn't been around for 3 years is the recovery from shake-up. I think you might find a different attiude if there are UK compulsory redundancies.

yea sorry i shouldnt really leave posts on here after a night out.
We're are all guilty of that!!

Last edited by Down Three Greens; 4th Aug 2007 at 09:04.