PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay? Don't do it!
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2007, 07:03
goin-home

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cathay? Don't do it!

Just wanted to sit down and recite my tale of woe about Cathay Pacific Airways. I joined as so many do, as an SO with considerable experience. I thought I was joining the best airline from a pay and conditions point of view in the world. How wrong can someone be?
Firstly the interview process was arduous. Dragging you loved ones half way around the world to be oggled by some half wit at a "cock"-tail party. That ridiculous finesse course. Joke.
Anyway I could put all that behind me right? I'm in Hong Kong now. Wrong. Our reception was hardly announced. In fact we had to show ourselves around and find our mail box in which we were told "all documentation and information enclosed". I then had a 2 week frenzy wandering around Cathay ****ty aimlessly trying to coax answers from the muppets that sit behind the counters propped up with sticks!
Simulator training was the same underwhelming experience. My sim instructor had all the charisma of sh!t sandwich! Training=appalling.
I also at this stage went to register for my housing allowance. My CoS had listed $XXXXXX dollars per month. I was summararily informed that my housing had been reduced by such and such a month. What? I said. But this is was I signed? Basically I was told to put up or shut up.
Line training was a joke. My first sector was with a training FO whose first words to me were " Am I training you or what?" There after followed 10hours of what I would have to describe as the most boring flying I've ever done. One bad experience right? No, just welcome to Cathay as an SO. Line trips were not much better. Min rest in a crap hotel talking sh!t to some boring f@rt about the union.
JFO training=Joke
Now lets talk lifestyle. Basically there isn't one. Kiss you life goodbye. You belong to Cathay now. Days off spent in that festering sh!t hole called Discovery Bay. Breathing air you can feel slide into your lungs.
Management= Biggest bunch of self appreciative, pretentious no talent ever to don a craveat!! Pompous pr!cks most of them.

So to answer your question. Do I want to leave. Damn right.

This company is a joke. Morale is a foreign word only whispered in the corridors. It is non existent in the company.

Should you join? Only if you cant get a job shovelling sh!t at a slaughter house!

You're going down Cathay. You are a sinking ship.

Save yourselves. Get out.

Like I said. Cathay? Don't. Just don't.