PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TAM A320 crash at Congonhas, Brazil
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2007, 23:08
NigelOnDraft

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Airbus SOP (which may differ across different airlines) seem to be not really consistent here. On the one hand it lets the PNF call out first "ground spoilers", then "reverse green" (if appropriate). On the other hand the FCOM says "Select MAX REV immediately after the main landing gear touches down." (SOP landing)
But I agree, it seems to be important to first be sure that spoilers are deployed before you pull the TL back. The short wait before pulling will eat up a few meters of runway length though, which were of importance here ...
TB - disagree - sorry

You need to select Max Rev straight away for best performance. From selection of Rev to getting "Rev Green" (via Rev Amber) takes some 3s? 5s? Whereas the Gnd Spoilers indicate pretty much straight away (and of course do not require human reaction time). So the call in the SOP order fits in with the order they shoukd be achieved...

I also 100% disagree with your statement
it seems to be important to first be sure that spoilers are deployed before you pull the TL back
That is directly contrary to SOPs, probably on all aircraft types... and if you did it on a Sim / Route Check, I trust you would be failed

NoD