PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2007, 17:01
Edvin76

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There was of course more misunderstandings, because I just really found a lot of things they asked about inherently natural and I just wouldn't have thought they ask it for "that" reason -which reasons I figured just now- so I answered something completely irrelevant in a few cases, which cases were probably the most important ones, at least it seems.
To tell you the truth I honestly thought that this interview was going to be just a complementer/cross reference part of the on line personality test and that it was going to be the same multi choice fashion as well. I also thought this kind of interview when I have to come up with the answers, explanations and examples would be on stage 3. So the whole thing was absolutely unexpected and naturally because of the utter lack of preparation my examples to my answers left a lot to desire for, even by very low standards I think. Afterwards at home I had in mind a zillion ideas what I could have said, instead of that lot of "....erm...", and "...sooo....", and even "...???..." .
hmm, so I have to agree, my overall performance on the interview wasn't too impressive and probably that "long term plan" thing was just one bit which helped to decide against me. And you must have displayed generally better characteristics to be an ATCO than me, so this "plan" thing didn't count. I just really don't know if it will worth to try next time, I mean I'd have a year to prepare, but how can I guide myself to change or improve, when I don't even know which direction and at which points exactly? its confusing really...

So I even bought this book "Brilliant Interview Answers", but I didn't read it, because I thought I'd need it only later at stage 3. So what now, I will prepare myself to be a top ace interview answerer by using this book, this really is just an ability, not a talent or personality perk or something.
So why would this be better for NATS, would it prove for example that I'm determined enough and I'm able to learn new things and I'm mature and I take the interview seriously to prepare properly before I go to sit it?

Last edited by Edvin76; 3rd Aug 2007 at 23:39.