PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thanks Movers...not!
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2007, 14:54
buoy15

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brian Potter
Thank you, - elloquent and articulate, I accept your points
However, when you are on an Ops/CT, which includes an intermediate land/pickup, organised and agreed 24hrs before, with planned fuel and timings, and a notified VIP on board, I would have expected that during BZN morning prayers that day, (and other days) stn management would have highlighted this and we would have been dispatched as intended
The red mist fogs up very quickly when the supposedly simplistic of things don't happen as expected and then start to snowball
I don't expect special treatment or for anyone to flout the rules regarding safety - there is a war on whilst it's peacetime in UK????
But I do expect someone who has reached rank or experience levels to use his/her initiative and common sense - which they are trained and paid for - to assess a situation, and safely say
"Iv'e left my rule book in the office, but that looks ok to me, let them go home - and by the way - they are inside the wire, so they must be bone fide and they are actually on the flying programme - go for it!"
Never had these problems at Lyneham, Gatwick or Heathrow, doing the same format

I suppose Nimrod could qualify for Strat AT since 1968 with no losses!

Last edited by buoy15; 3rd Aug 2007 at 15:08.