PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Neighbours war with wounded soldiers families
Old 3rd Aug 2007, 11:53
cargosales

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cross Posting from ARRSE where Woopert posted the following

"I've just received an email from the chair of the planning committe, Cllr Chris Hunt. I am going to break with the edict of not copying individual, personal replies as the last paragraph of his email, I think, ought to be shared for the benefit of all.

Cllr Hunt says
"I have been overwhelemed with messages of support and thanks from your colleagues; although I know that you have agreed a policy of not copying councillors' emails on your pages, could you please pass on my appreciation for those thanks, and tell your contributors that every message has been forwarded on so that all the staff who dealt with the matter, including those in IT, or setting out the chairs, or posting letters of representations etc know their role was valued.

"I know that some politicians like to grab the limelight for this type of thing, and that tars the lot of us, but we all know how these things really come together."

Woopert continues

"Well done all of you. I have to say I am immensly proud of everything that you guys have achieved, and proud to be associated with the site that has enabled people to achieve it.

"I don't think any of us who started out moderating and managing the board [ARRSE] 5 years ago would ever have imagined that we could not only influence events in the way that we have but also (to add a perspective) motivate enough people to fill a large stadium to sign a petition in support of a cause that has touched many of us in such a remarkably short space of time"

Well said woopert

CS