PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - End Of Cabin Crew Seniority In Qf Long Haul?
Old 3rd Aug 2007, 11:46
QF A330

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
QF seniority

My better half who is an ex TAA Hostess and now a S/H CSM (29 years) and who agrees that seniority is the best way to handle rostering, as we have all had to handle being junior in our jobs.

In my career, for a long time I was known as JB (junior boy) and now after 28 years have some authority in my career which is non aviation related.

Get over your junior status as you will have seniority one day.

To those ex cabin crew who have retired or taken VR and as you have had a career which will never be repeated due to new planes and rostering, please keep posting, as an experienced flight attendant's views and opinions will help forge the future ahead and let all know what you have achieved.

During a trip to PEK last year we were seated way down the back and as being sub load we found that the crew after a almost 12 hour flight were still friendly, courteous and awake which in my past career I couldn't do, and the Captain who was on a walk to the back of the plane recongnised my partner and stopped for a chat.

I had 28 years with an emergency service and think I have experienced many career ups and downs.

Remember to keep united to maintain your hard fought awards and as my union always said, you inherited these hard won conditions and you must pass them on to the next generation in a better state than when you got them.

Qantas is a big family so please keep looking after and your hard won conditions and especially look after each other.

Prior to meeting my lady I was and are still are an aviation fan and still sit at the viewing area at Tullamarine and watch the traffic, life doesn't get any better.

To finish up, PPRUNE is a great site and I log in a few times every day to keep up to date.