PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Finance for training
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2007, 08:43
rob152

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cheers everyone for all the responses of advice etc. I'm 26 now and have wanted to do it for as long as I can remember but unfortunately haven't really ever earnt enough to save that much and have taken different paths in life that has seen me unable to save when maybe I should have done. That said I believe I have identified early enough what needs to be done.

I have decided to go on the Modular route so that it enables me to work full-time which I believe will help "convince" my Dad to secure a loan, not guarantee it, but help. I know what I need to do and how I need to do it, I am fully committed and would get the ATPL groundschool phase finished as quickly as I can, distance learning. I will either take the Oxford Waypoint programme for the commercials, assuming I pass the exams with a high enough average, or stagger the ME/CPL IR MCC to maybe get cheaper deals.

The idea of this thread was really just to see if anyone has done something similar, in a similar position to me that can advise on the best way of securing the finances bearing in mind I need to use this preperation to win my Dad over. He may have his own ideas but it shows my willingness to be pro-active in organsising it all. I do get the impression though that he may not be "up" with the current lending market and may need me to present ideas to him.

I do have my engineering which I hope will lead to a better, higher paid job soon. I did have an interview with VAA Wed so lets see how that goes, I would like to think that it would help not only my "back up" career but also getting a flying job if I manage to complete the training.

The story continues........

Rob152