PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2007, 08:26
Edvin76

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

First of all I know my English is not perfect-perfect, but my natural accent is just like exactly the same as we have to artificially pronounciate the numbers in aviation, so I think this is even an advantage. And subsequently I'd like to apologize if there are written mistakes here. (especially for the commas all around the wrong places )

I'd really like to ask something and I wish someone like Gonzo -who has a role in the selection process and really knows the ropes- to answer if its possible. I've recently got axed on stage two, so I rang the centre and they called me back in a few hour to let me know that I completed the computer test and the problem was the interview and that is all they are allowed to say.
So here is my problem:
What I know about NATS-es priorities during the selection, it is expected the future employee to stay for long term in employment, once the company invested so much in the training and so on. I know this is a vital point, since it was mentioned just here on this forums at least three times and furthermore they said on the RADAR2001 site as well.
So I took the time and recalled more than 50 questions out of the 60-ish they asked, and I found that although I gave more or less ok answers generally, there was on occasion when I completely misunderstood the question. It was something like "Do you mind changing your plans?"
Now there was already 3-4 question about the "ability to focus", "resisting distraction" and so on, so this one mustn't have been about the short term plans for the next hour, one day or week, but I'm sure it was about the long term, especially since there wasn't any other question related to this.
The problem was when they asked this, I still thought that we are talking about short term plans, I thought they want to know if I'm willing/able to change my course of action, in the case my manager tells me to do something else instead or something, so I said "no I don't mind to change my plans" and I started "babble" about this kind of stuff, instead of convincing NATS that I determined to plan for long term.
Obviously, this specific answer was also in contradiction with the one I gave about plans in the on line questionnaire...

So what I'm trying to ask, Is there any point to send a polite letter to the NATS Human Resources and explain all this?
Am I right, when I think it would be a waste to fail on things like these, when I invested so much to learn the motivation material, I succeed on the on line personality test and I was even eligible on the computer tests?
I blame only myself, so I really don't have grudges and I also have a job, so I'm not desperate, I just would like to do a job which I think is really important, where I feel it really counts what I do.

I would appreciate any kind of advice on this, thank you in advance!
Janos