PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Armed Forces Reserve vs Airline Pilot
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2007, 06:57
dbdb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Armed Forces Reserve vs Airline Pilot

Hey,

I am looking at finishing my fATPL mid 2008 next year with the possibility of then being placed with a UK airline as part of the CTC Wings scheme. Previous to this I spent some years as an officer the Royal Navy.

I was considering the possibility of enlisting in the Royal Marine Reserve and was wondering if there was anyone out there who had experience in combining the two. Likely airlines to be placed with include Easy Jet, BA or even some of the charters (Thomas Cook, My Travel, ThomasFly) although I realise they are undergoing some changes at the moment.

I would be grateful to hear from anyone who manages to combine both or even give me an insight into particular companies allowances/attitudes towards this course of action. I know some companies allow 2 weeks additional leave and some insist you take it out of your annual allowance etc..

Would it be a disadvantage to already be a member when attending the interview? Would you be looked on less favourably if you joined after having secured a job with the company.

Thanks in advance!