PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fatal crash pilot 'had taken pot'
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2007, 06:13
VH-BOX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"BOX

As the pilot mentioned was a friend, i would like you to firstly establish the facts before you go mouthing off about experience levels.

secondly where else would you find a water bomber other than low level and heavily laden.

i get the impression you may be a plane spotter rather than a pilot"

I have said nothing that was not in the article, and for the record a water bomber is usually at low level for only a portion of the detail, it has to transit to the drop site and back. In this case the article states clearly that the pilot had minimal time on type, to compound this with narcotics is simply foolish. I'm sorry if you knew the individual concerned, but contrary to your unfounded and uninformed 'impression' I am indeed a pilot, and have been for over 30 years. In that time my tolerance for individuals who make an already hazardous occupation more so by poor personal decision making, has reduced with my exposure to the consequences. If emphasizing those consequences offends, I'm sorry, but if open discussion of blatant stupidity prevents just one life from being unnecessarily lost then so be it.