PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 8-9 months of flight training
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2007, 21:44
dream747

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys thanks very much for the responses I do appreciate it very much!

I could do training full time because I'd be waiting to start university during that 8-9 months and not want to waste that time away. Can't really decide whether OZ or NZ would be a better place to my training. Actually it is likely that my country prefers the JAA licence but it's way too expensive to do any sort of training in the UK compared to OZ or NZ. Does anyone has any idea which licence is easier or cheaper to convert to the JAA one if I have to one day?

Is it true that the NZCAA licence is closer to the requirements of the JAR ones? I quote this from a NZ flying school's website:

European Pilot Licence

The UK with the other European Economic Community (EEC) countries and seven other European Countries have transferred to a common Joint Aviation Authority Rules (JAR) and a common European Pilot Licence (EPL) over a five year period commencing the 1st January 1993.

The NZ CAA have restructured our Pilot Licenses to bring them into line with the draft JARs and the USA Federal Aviation Rules (FARs). Certification and approval is now required for Flying Training Organisations.

All the above indicate you will find the NZ Pilot Licence very similar to, if not the same as, the JAA Pilot Licence. Any JAA Pilot Licence flying requirements not included in the NZ Pilot Licence flying requirements will be made available at Air Academy Hastings, if students wish to complete the JAR requirements.