PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EMIRATES - Wannabees & Recruitment II
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2007, 18:05
mother hen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cantwait

Hi there, as I've mentioned before not crew daughter is. Hope I might be able to help, though I'm sure there are others who can provide you with better info. We(my daughter and I) were in your position about this time last year. My daughter was getting her medicals done, she actually flew to Dubai, 8th september last year.

We don't live far from you i think. Anyhow, if you have a good helpful GP you should be ok. Our doc wasn't very helpful. The cost for your gp to fill out the forms varies, but can be anywhere from £60. My daughter was refered to our local hospital for her chest xray but we had to go private that cost another £60. The eyetest and audiogram were free at our local opticians. I didn't know that opticians did audiograms till a relative informed me! I know specsavers do them. And then there was the cost of the dentist....which of course varies from dentist to dentist. I'm not sure of the vaccines, they send you a list of everything that needs to be done. I'm sure someone has posted all the info though on here previously.

As for photo's, my daughter had to do hers again, and she was going on holiday the day after they contacted her, so her dad took some more of her with our digital camera and we changed the background colour on the computer then printed them of. They were fine.

I'm sure everything will be fine for you, and I wish you all the very best of luck.

Best wishes, mother hen.