PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 2nd Aug 2007, 08:42
potkettleblack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think that is how it is working. A previous poster said once you had done your 900 hours (possibly done in 10 months of the year) then you would get 2 months of admin work.

Air Atlantique used to offer cadetships as well involving anything from mowing the lawn to driving cars etc etc. Nothing wrong with that as they paid for your training, gave you accommodation and a unique insight into the operation as a whole.

BUT paying 30k to FR for a rating which costs them significantly less (hence a profit making activity in its own right), working for below market rates, being allocated a base at the companys whim and possibly being chopped with little or no notice if on a contract I just can't reconcile. Add to that being downgraded to clerical work and you have to ask the question where it is all heading. It can only get worse hence my supposition that before long they will be out on the ramp or worse still on the honey cart!