PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Great Captain
Thread: Great Captain
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2007, 05:56
Matrix2055

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up PAX opinion

Sticking to the topic, I think it’s a great idea for a captain or F/O to address passengers when there is a delay. I do not see anything wrong with that. If I pay money for the trip and I’m getting disservice (delay in this case), I would prefer at least knowing the reason why. And who is better to do that than somebody directly involved. Flight attendants just don’t cramp it.
If everything goes on schedule, nobody from the flight deck would have time to show up, and nobody expects them to do so. They got check lists to go through, ATIS, clearances and so on (hands full).
Upon arriving to the destination, if time permits, it’s nice to see who flew the airplane. And knowing that most pilots are getting underpaid, all you can do as a passenger is thank them for the good job that they do.
Also on that note, I like the way United has there radio working. Any passenger can tune in and hear the frequency that pilots tuned in to. For me personally that option settles down many questions. I’m not sure if any other airlines have that.