PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TAM A320 crash at Congonhas, Brazil
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2007, 02:13
marciovp
I support PPRuNe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TV News

Just came from the TV. The black box with the voice of pilots is out...but guess what...the CENIPA Chief said that it was necessary a software that it is not founf in Brazil to listen to the whole recording...It had been done by NTSB in english. Then it was said that Airbus Industry offered to companies to place a warning voice and light to advise the pilots when the throtle lever of a locked down reverser was left in the forward position. Many companies did this. Apparently TAM did not do. In the recording, when one voice asked to decrease acceleration the other said " I canīt " (meaning I am unable to). There have been reports now - also in TV - that workers for the airlines have been pushed to work more than their shifts and at least one pilot has complained that he was forced to land in Congonhas against his better judgement. 131 flights were diverted from Congonhas to Guarulhos (Cumbica) but Guarulhos is close to capacity and its runway is now 4 years old and needs recapping. The Minister of Defense wants Congonhas not longer be a hub but only an airport for flights to Congonhas and from Congonhas to within certain limits. The air companies donīt seem to agree... The crises in Brazil is growing and the end is not near. It seems that investments were not made in the last few years when the demand for air traveling went up fast.