PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways DEP Selection - THE lowdown Part 1
Old 1st Aug 2007, 23:00
Flaps5speed180

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SHL practice test papers

Got my assessment in August, already starting to get nervous!

I have to recommend going to the SHL website, the best way is to go through the ba website. Login to your personal screen on the careers site and then click on 'details of your assessment day' (or something along those lines), then click on the bit telling you about the type of thing you can expect to face during the assessment itself. In there is a link to shl's website, and it takes you straight to the practice tests section.

It's definately worth it if you login and give your details because you can then take a proper test and they will provide you with feedback telling you what you scored etc.

I did it this afternoon, you need just over an hour to take both tests, verbal (25mins) and numerical (39mins), and you can only take the tests once. They are timed and once the test starts you can't stop it, but they tell you all this before you start. I found it very informative and it put my mind at rest a little, I did much better than I thought I would.

There is also a book, which contains many genuine shl tests, it's by Andrea Shavick and called Practice Psychometric Tests (ISBN#1-84528-020-2). I got it from my local library, so it cost me nothing but has been very valuable.

I won't go on anymore, hope this helps and I will report back how it all went next month. Plus thanks to all the other people who have contributed to this page, I don't know if I'll get in but I don't think I'd stand a chance without the help! Now I just have to finish working out my answers to those tricky interview questions.