PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TAM A320 crash at Congonhas, Brazil
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2007, 21:37
marciovp
I support PPRuNe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The 737/Legacy accident

I donīt want to change the subject but someone mentioned this accident last year. Again, as a Brazilian I am embarassed if not ashamed. I was shocked by the accident and as soon as it happened the Minister of Defense (who oversees the Armed Forces and who knows nothing of aviation) was in TV placing the blame on the American Pilots in the Legacy plane. What an absurd: he was saying that the pilots placed the Transponder OFF in order to do stunts with the new plane and this was the cause of the colision. Can you imagine! When I saw that I became very interested and still am to see how the investigation was going to take place. Again a lot of people involved, Federal Police, Local Police, House of Representative Committee, Senate Committee and CENIPA. So far a final report has not been issued (NTSB is participating). There has been a lot of conflicts between the Air Traffic Controllers (the great majority Sargents from the Air Force) and the Air Force Higherups. The Federal Police (who knows nothing about aviation) has indicted the two US pilots and four controllers, the same with the House Committee. I am following this very closely but here is not the place to go into all the info I have gathered in this almost one year. Someone may say that dirty laundry should be washed at home but in these cases I am a believer that the international community can help in the search for understanding, prevention and justice.