PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Fine Over Price Fixing
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2007, 19:25
apaddyinuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a front line employee of the company I am delighted that BA are getting a Royal kick up the arse for this (and long overdue as this whole ordeal is a perfect example of the arrogant attitude of modern BA management) I was rather appalled at the way the Americans were really criminalising BA during their press conference and making it sound like every single person working for BA was a cheating, robbing criminal!!! It also did not help that I was standing down at T1 departure gates in LHR waiting for my flight home in uniform watching the press conference live and having passengers look at me like they wanted to spit on me!!! LOL

The reason however I feel why BA seems to be singled out more so in the states (Korean also had a rather hefty thrashing by them) is because the Americans have always considered BA one of their biggest competitors over the Atlantic and especially since 9/11 has really left its own carriers suffering (although I think lack of any decent service onboard their carriers probably had a lot to contribute to this). This could be used not only as political sway for their own selfish agendas but as a way to try and boost yields and confidence in US carriers amongst the American public!!!! However I say it is only time before either Europe or someone else blows the whistle on the US carriers too!!!

The thing that makes me laugh is that I really do believe that these fuel charges would have been implemented anyways regardless of whether BA broke anti trust rules or not!!!