PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet* new starts - AWA
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2007, 14:59
ITCZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, he is being honest, and he is not the only pilot out there that thinks that way. Lets not grind him into the ground Pprune style

zed583, you say you have been under AWA for 12 years now -- but this might be the first time you worked for a large corporation under an AWA. Just an assumption, I may be wrong.

I have worked under AWA, and I have been right at the coalface trying to resolve disputes between pilot colleagues and our employer under the WorkChoices system. I have had a pretty serious look into AWA v other forms of agreements, and I have come to an unambiguous position.....

.... unless you are either employed by a government agency where your basic terms and conditions are protected by the Public Service Act, or you are a high value individual selected to operate at senior management level (not simply an experienced line pilot), all the data, all the evidence, all the research is against AWA.

AWA are agreements that first and foremost un-level the playing field. Their whole reason for being is to alter the power relationship between company and employee. They diminish your rights, dignity, and access to the law.

Some on this forum may be starting to get a little tired of hearing from me on this issue. So I will leave it to you to read my posts on AWA on other JQ threads.

You're a big lad, you make up your own mind, but please have a read first.