PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BRISTOL - 4
Thread: BRISTOL - 4
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2007, 12:32
Standard Noise
StandupfortheUlstermen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anorak - and where were you when you noticed this 'potentially serious incident'? Over at the ice cream van on the south side perimeter buying your 99?
Unless you were in the VCR beside the ATCO concerned, you didn't have the same view/take on this as he/she did.
by the time the Ryanair had slowed on the runway......
Oh, so it wasn't a missed approach then? Not as serious as you described then, now was it?
We are all human and sometimes there are factors that influence the decisions I and my colleagues make that are not apparent to the average rubber necker. Many times we have aircraft passing the threshold before the preceeding departure has cleared the opposite end of the runway. Doesn't necessarily make it a 'potentially serious incident'.
Anyhoo, if the Ryanair pilot is that hacked off about it, he'll go into print.............but I doubt it, it'd be a bit pot and kettle considering the way they get on sometimes.

Oh, and on another note, how nice it was to compare Bristol's security palaver with that of a large airport (PMI). Loads more flights, loads more pax but a vastly shorter amount of time to pass through security. 30 mins to get through last week at Brizzel in the morning 'rush' compared to 15 mins yesterday at Palma with queues three times as long. Our Spanish friends seem to have got it right. Maybe there isn't an Iberian equivalent of a jobsworth!