PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Fine Over Price Fixing
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2007, 10:25
mumbo jumbo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aside from the first post in this thread, what on earth are the rest of the replies doing here. If this is supposed to be the professional pilots website, why are so many rank amateur, think-they-know-it-all, anoraks spouting off aout things they obviously have no inkling about?

Mods, just read some of the pathetic replies above!
Yeh.
Virgin waited for three years to sting BA.
More like someone was getting close to the truth and Virgin blinked just before BA did.
So, Virgin also benefitted, then 'snitched' on BA, and now VS is immune from prosecution? Where the hell is the justice in that then??!
Perhaps they should have both been fined LHR slots instead, which could have been re-allocated to new competition.
Agree with BA to surcharge the pax, then snitch to the govt. Result - drop BA in the brown stuff and get them fined, Virgin come up smelling of roses.
Let's not forget Virgin Atlantic's role in this rip off of their passengers, especially as they have tried to sell themselves as ethically superior to BA when all along they are no different.
I did read that BA set aside this money and found it cheaper to pay the fine than play the rules!
who actually gets this money?
Quite a hefty fine, a bit OTT I think
Isn't there a forum for all the anoraks who think that they know how to run the airline business. With quotes such as the ones above, either this isn't the professional pilots forum or it's the spotters balcony where every enthusiast can post their ignorant thoughts about "my favourite airline is better than your favourite airline. Na na, na na!"

C'mon mods, lets keep the kiddies in their playpen and move threads such as this one to the corner you use for the drooling anoraks.