PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - War Veterans Agency - Pension Claim
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2007, 07:04
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
6Z3,

Interested to swap details off board. Like Shack I was high tone deaf and got a 1-5% rating and a small payout (I have two problems).

The hearing one was written up as a one-off problem that wold not get worse now I was removed from the noise source. Any further deterioration would be due to age. The answer here, for others, is to ensure that you get an audiogram after each flying tour if you have been declared A2 for hearing. If the doc as right your last, post-flying test and your first, post-retiring should be the same. If that latter test was much worse, but you are much older, then you can justifiably point to the first test.

As for hearing aids I agree they are a hot, uncomfortable pain in the ear. I complained and my audiologist (great bloke) immediately got me soft jelly moulds. Still hot but not painful.

Finally, tinnitus is a no chance issue. Off hand it is leaflet 10 or 11. They say it is part and parcel of the main hearing loss.

I am going back to appeal for my other problem.