PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Great Captain
Thread: Great Captain
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2007, 01:09
ftallarico

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My thoughts...and...Firestorm's comment

First,
I have a great respect for the cabin crew and flight deck crew that are doing their jobs. We as passengers basically give up much of our freedom when we step onto the aircraft and put our lives in the hands of these crew.
As I leave an aircraft, I'm sure to thank the crew that I pass on my way out. If the flight deck crew is standing outside of the flight deck, I am sure to make eye contact and to thank them and wish them a good day.
It shows the respect that I have for the profession and for them getting me safely to my destination. When a crew member can show me the same respect by addressing me face to face, I appreciate that. I'm not saying I want a guitar medley or a stand up comic routine, but I would certainly appreciate the effort and respect shown by anyone that can get out of the front seat and address me personally.
I'm amazed that anyone in your profession would pass judgment or show animosity towards another professional that is trying to provide outstanding customer service.
On the other topic - anyone that makes a comment like this really should not even be in a position that requires responsibility for the lives of the general public, hopefully this person is not in such a position:
"....but only manages to re-affirm my distrust of homosexuals."