PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BRISTOL - 4
Thread: BRISTOL - 4
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2007, 22:58
anoraknophobia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air Bridges At Bristol ?

Tonights HTV news had an interview with Paul Kehoe ,in the interview Mr Kehoe was shown looking at a mock up of the new terminal extension,this quite clearly showed air bridges linking the terminal to the apron.I can't recall seeing these on the master plan. I wonder if this provision is aimed at attracting more upmarket airlines like Continental.
On a more serious note, I witnessed today a potentially serious incident when a light aircraft had only just become airborne after a touch and go and a Ryanair 737 landed almost immediately afterwards.The consequence was that by the time the Ryanair aircraft had slowed on the runway it had almost caught up with the light aircraft which was airborne but still low. The Ryanair Pilot commented on the proximity and the Tower apologized for not asking the light aircraft to go round.It seems more and more difficult for ATC to slot in the light aircraft movements in between the ever increasing commercial operations.I don't know if the Airport Management can restrict light aircraft movements at certain times but somthing will definitely have to give .