PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Difference between dispatcher and "dispatcher"
Old 31st Jul 2007, 17:03
older_wiser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LHR_777
What would you say was better ? The current set up or the old days, when the Dispatcher / Redcap did most of the functions from the gate ?
In some ways i guess that you are quite lucky ( i think i'm right in assuming CLC is local to LHR) that you are not too remote, but there are are other carriers who have a CLC on the other side of the world.
From the days when i did W & B as well as dispatch etc i could not think of anything worse than not being able to make on the spot decisions regarding trim etc at A/C side, at a airport the size of Lhr as you know there are always logistical issues, (ie) cargo not arriving etc so what happens if you need a retrim ? does the TRM have to consult CLC before making a decision ? or do they have the authority to make decisions in line with operational requirements ?
It always used to be so convient if you had a slot to " Chop the freight " and retrim, so i guess if the TRM isn't allowed does this cause delays ?