PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar First Class Romp - On QANTAS
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2007, 14:03
Mr Seatback 2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pass-A-Frozo...

Jetstar employees (by that, I mean the real employees, who work at the coalface) get similar staff travel benefits to QF staff...ie. we have to be there 7 years before we get anywhere near the pointy end on international flights, etc. And even then, that pointy end isn't F class either.

As for the employees flying in J (or F - which we would never see anyway), we only get upgraded once the flight closes, giving all frequent flyers and co all the opportunity to get upgraded...only then, do we get what's left. That goes for domestic and international, duty or leisure.

Only senior management types get access to F class where it exists.

I find this bit interesting...

"I do have a problem as a QF Plat FF with Jetstar staff / senior staff taking seats that a FF could take. I won't have a problem if Jetstar allow me to book Jetstar and upgrade (at a reasonable rate) to a proper airline.
As a FF I'd much rather see the QF staff enjoying 1st class than a Jetstar employee."
JQ staff don't prevent ANY FF member claiming an upgrade - our upgrades only can occur once the flight has been closed (which means, no one else can check in, etc because it's closed...game over!)...

I assume this is the case for management too...but hey, some animals are more equal than others, as it's said in the book.

Why would you prefer to see QF staff enjoying F class over a JQ employee? By way of history, half of the current employees (those who are left) were transferred from QFLink to become Jetstar. I remain with JQ to pay the bills. Not my fault that GD and co decided to thrust his low cost ideas (via the airline I joined years before) upon all and sundry. We went from full service to no frills overnight.

Perhaps your anti-JQ feelings should be aimed at the QF board, and not the vast majority of innocent JQ staff who, like our QF cohorts, are forced to put up with ongoing abuse from the public for decisions not of our making?

F class...wouldn't know what it looked like, and like most JQ staff, won't ever know anyway.