PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EMIRATES - Wannabees & Recruitment II
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2007, 13:19
SkyHighFlyGal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Hi Sleepy,

I have just got a job with EK, but have not started yet... however, I have been cabin crew with other airlines, so thought I would try to answer your q's as best as I can... I know how difficult it can be when starting out in this industry, and know that there are probably lots of questions floating around in your mind. Some might think they are silly questions, but I would encourage you to keep askin them and seeking info in other ways, as they say, knowledge is power!

1. i am a guy, and i was curious as to whether or not most male FA for EK are gay? i am NOT (and i am not a hater, so dont get mad ), and i was wondering actually how many guy FA there are for EK? cuz in america, where im from, most guy FA are gay, and there is a stigma over here that if you are a guy FA in the US, then you are most likely gay.
From my experience in my other airlines, not all male F/As are gay, and in fact many of the males take on jobs as cabin crew to rub shoulders with the spunky ladies!! Not sure about EK, but in my previous jobs, maybe 10% of the F/As were male, and maybe three quarters of those were 'out'.

2. with that said, i have seen soooooo many gorgeous gal FA for EK, and i was wondering if there are a lot of relationships within the airline? like guy and gal FA together and what not?
In my experience, there were plenty of relationships between crew, however, they are often short lived due to schedules being so difficult to coordinate... but it's all individual I guess.

3. i smoke cigarrettes, and was curious how the airline/dubai view smoking? i could quit if i have to, but i dont want to, unless its necessary ....how many FA for EK smoke?
In my other airlines, not many F/As smoked (probably because it is hard to do the long hours we do without the option of a 'smoko' as we call it in Australia, or 'cigarette break' on board an airplane).

4. i have an interview with EK on august 19, in dubai, so i am flying out there in like 2 weeks, and i want to know how important are the pictures? i have lots of pics of me, but i would like to know if they should be professional shots or not?
I was pretty serious about the job, so I had pics professionally done, in business attire, on a sky blue background... seems to be what they like.

All the very best with your application!

SHFG