PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vale Captain Bill Hanrahan
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2007, 05:50
COP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

A shock indeed to hear of the passing of Bill. Have known him for a long time and always respected his knowledge and enthusiasm for flying. Looked up to him for a long time, as an aviator as I am sure others did out there. People have different memories of Bill, but at the end of the day he was loved by many people out there and his death is a sad day in Australian and Ansett circles, as in all other circles as well. He has certainly done well in the last few years, after recovering from a bad accident and getting on with his vines and enjoying life out on the balcony up there in the hills. Still dont know how he got that damn balcony up there, bloody good for an old fella. Always had a firm handshake, something I think would have been with him for ever. His death will certainly make those sim sessions not as enjoyable but he is for sure going to test a few people "up there" while looking down on those here. I bet you also that he will have a very large glass of Britleys Flute in his hand sipping away and listening to a very fat italian bloke singing. Never flew with him, but I am sure I would have enjoyed it, even a sim session would have been good.
To his family you have lost a father, grandfather and a friend.
Mum keep your chin up, his harley will ride again.
T