PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK entry requirements
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2007, 22:39
Paishinel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi, S/O time is no good unless you're an S/O in a 2 crew operation whereby you log P2 when you're PM or when as PF your skipper signs off your P1u/s time. In some companies, you're ranked an S/O when you have less than 1000 hrs and have not passed the company F/O proficiency check. So you fly as a copilot with a rank of S/O but your hours are P2 hours with the occasional P1u/s when you fly a leg. However in long haul B744 or A340 operation whereby you're a 10000ft to 10000ft copilot your P3 hours will not count. On the lucky day when you have a trainer onboard who allows you to operate as copilot from takeoff to landing ( you can then log P2 hours ) or if you're luckier that he allows you to take off and land as PF, you log P1u/s. Then in this instance both the P2 and P1u/s hours count. At least this was my experience and I had to really explain to the " flying hours scrutineer " my log book entries till I almost turned blue. Well that was a long time ago so things may be easier and simpler now.

Last edited by Paishinel; 30th Jul 2007 at 22:56.