PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan XH 558 Threads (merged)
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2007, 21:59
Champagne Anyone?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Supporters been taken for a ride?

Hi, I never knew my initial post would attract so much attention...

However, whilst on holiday two weeks ago, in a rather hot place without rain, I had a conversation with a chap who was connected with the project, in a roundabout way.

I cannot give his name but he told me prior to an evening meal that it was the trusts intention, (and had been all along) to get the aircraft airworthy, do a few air shows in the UK, (less than ten) and then sell XH558 to the Americans who had shown a great interest in the project and who had actually made a very substantial offer to purchase the aircraft some months ago.

They wanted to fly her on the American circuit and didn't have the bureaucracy which was plaguing the project over here.

All I hope is that his info is NOT correct otherwise we have been completely sold out.

I have no reason to disbelieve the fellow in question. He sounded very credible indeed and he did know some of the ladies and gents I know who work on the project; and as their names are not in the public domain, this makes me think he might just be in possession of a snippet of information we are not supposed to hear.

Would the trust do this to its supporters?? I would like to think not but personally, I just don’t know anymore.

Last edited by Champagne Anyone?; 30th Jul 2007 at 22:17.