PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Secret Plan to Remove Quarters
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2007, 20:49
Hitback

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some interesting Figures in these links. I wunder how many past and present MP's have shares in this housing group.!!!

I have managed to find the HANSARD which discloses the amount Annington paid for each Service Family House; The sale to Annington of 57,428 properties in England and Wales raised £1.662 billion for the Exchequer. The average price per dwelling was approximately £29,000.
That's not a bad price at all, a win, win hand for Annington Homes.
The full HANSARD can be seen here;- http://www.publications.parliament.u...t/20919w77.htm some interesting points were brought up on this issue back in 2002.
I also found the folllowing on the sale of SFA to Annington Homes back in 1996. I found the following in HANSARD below this sentence. I find it hard to understand how any government can say it has no money to help military personnel onto the property ladder, Between 1996 and 2004 the Exchequer received £100 million from Annington Homes in its' profit share arrangement, It's our rent and occupation as tennants of Annington Homes SFA, that prevents these properties becoming delapidated. At present service families receive only 1% for every 10 years served as a discount from Annington. I can't be the only military person finding this disgusting arrangement wrong, we are being stuffed by the MoD and Parliamentary Ministers from most Parties . Prejudicial Interests comes to mind here.

http://www.publications.parliament.u...t/41004w26.htm

Mr. Caplin: Under the terms of the 1996 Sale Agreement the Exchequer benefits from a Profit Share arrangement following subsequent disposal by Annington Homes Ltd. of surplus houses handed back by the Ministry of Defence. This arrangement applies for the first 15 years following the 1996 sale and is based on a sliding percentage of the profit made by the Company after allowable overheads have been deducted. To date the Exchequer has received approximately £100 million under this arrangement

Regards
Hitback